With its 9 000m² and more than 300 stalls, Vernaison is and will remain the reference market. Its creation was a real success as it is the place where the Saint-Ouen Flea market was born.
Historic cradle of the Saint-Ouen Puces, the first structured market was created in 1920.
At that time, Romain Vernaison was a concessionary responsible for parking rights at the Halles of Paris, then he rented chairs in the Parisian public gardens. Owning a land at Saint-Ouen, he established wooden shacks on the locality called “les 26 arpents”.
The village spirit of this market drowned antique dealers, discounters and especially period furniture sellers. It was an immediate success.
Gradually and until the end of the Second World War, these installations had been replaced by more adapted stalls.
AMV. (Association du Marché Vernaison)
99 rue des Rosiers
The market is open on:
• Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
• Mondays from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm